Tuesday 26 April 2011

Hot stuff… This is for free

Normally when something sounds too good to be true it is. Here’s an exception:


A couple of weeks ago I got an unexpected telephone call – the voice introduced himself as Mr Black and informed me that as a landlord, the property I rent is entitled to cavity wall insulation for FREE –not only that but I was also able to get my second home insulated for a mere 99 quid!


The whole process was so simple; Mr Black came round to my house to assess that the work could be done and then returned 2 days later with a couple of guys and completed the job in an hour.


Mr Black also mentioned that cavity wall insulation is free for 75 year olds as well as anyone that is currently claiming U.K. benefits/tax credit.


Personally I haven’t had to put the heating on once since he left - Happy days!


Whilst I’m not sure my tenants will be as “involved” as the couple in this video (they’re both approaching 90) I, on the other hand, remain optimistic :-)



For more information on cavity wall insulation and the benefits of energy efficient homes please contact: soraya@birminghamfoe.org.uk or visit http://www.foe.co.uk/what_we_do/warm_homes_25659.html


Soraya Hodgetts

No comments: